February 01, 20170 Comments
The American Saddlebred Museum's Young Adult Committee is once again hosting an Art Contest! The contest will be divided into two age divisions: Youth (18 & Under) and Young Adult (19-35). Depending on the number of entries received, the Youth division may be further divided by age. In addition, there is a division for Amateur Artists (36 & Over). This division will not be judged and no monetary prizes will be awarded, but allows for our talented amateurs to showcase their works in the exhibition. The juried divisions will be further categorized based on media type (photography and non-photography) and new this year we will have a special "Holiday" category that will include all holiday-themed entries. All types of artwork are encouraged including photography, drawing, painting, sculpture, and mixed media.
Rules (please read carefully):
- Art must be original and completed by the entrant.
- Art must be Saddlebred related in theme and represent the breed in the best light possible. All art to be displayed is subject to approval by the Museum.
- Hanging art must be limited to a size of 8 inches x 8 inches up to 30 inches x 30 inches (including frame).
- All frameable art must be submitted in a simple black frame with a wire or hook for hanging.
- Images in artwork must be free of training devices such as chains, stretchies, tailsets, and the like.
- In lieu of a submission fee, all entrants must be Museum members. Youth membership is $10 per year, Young Adult membership is $20 per year, Individual membership is $35 per year, and Family membership is $50 per year.
- Please note! Art must be photographed before submission and the photo emailed (in jpg format) to [email protected] in order to post artwork images on Facebook. Please send quality images.
- Please include your name, address, email address, artwork title, medium, and age (for youth only) when submitting your entry and include the above information when emailing your artwork image.
- Entries should be sent to the American Saddlebred Museum and must be received no later than May 1, 2017.
- Shipping costs to return artwork are the responsibility of the entrant. Artwork will become the property of the Museum if not claimed by September 1, 2017.
- Each artist may submit up to three total entries.
- Professionals (those who create art as a paid occupation) are prohibited from entering the Amateur Artist division.
Art will be judged by a panel of experts from various art genres. A winner will be selected in each of the juried divisions. Each division winner will receive a $100 cash prize.
An image of each entry will also be posted to the Museum's Facebook page where an additional prize of $50 cash will be given to the "Facebook Fan Favorite" in each juried age division. The "Facebook Fan Favorites" will be awarded to those entries receiving the highest number of "likes" by a specified date. The Amateur Artist division will also compete for a "Facebook Fan Favorite," although no cash will be awarded.
Additionally, a selected group of entries will be used to create note cards to be sold in the Museum Gift Shop.
Artists have the option of selling their work during the exhibition with 50% or 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Museum. Please specify when submitting your entry if you are interested in selling your work.
Artwork from all divisions will be on display at the Museum May 15 - August 15, 2017.
Please address any questions to Ashley Hallock at [email protected].